Monday, May 20, 2024

Yesterday I talked with many : Poem by Neelabh Sourav

 Yesterday I talked with many

Translated by:  Bibekananda Choudhury.
Origin (Assamese) : Neelabh Sourav

There was a time - you talked to me.
Today is another time - I am talking to you.
There was a time - you had been oblivious
Today is another time - I am oblivious

Wheel rotates thus

Yesterday as I talked I did not feel as before
Because you had been in the West - I in the east

There had been a time you were dissatisfied with something
Today is another time something happened
You like something

I am a fallen tree but old

As you cross you can kick me
But on return you can still talk to me

Yesterday you talked haltingly pondering on between
Because you very well know
You have laid a trap
Without letting the lion or the mouse
To get the scent of it
Cautiously
Pacifying yourself

Yesterday
You taught the rule of
Not the light or the ray
But of darkness

Yesterday you knew
You were vouching against yourself


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bishnuprasad Rabha: The Renaissance Man of Assam

 Bishnuprasad Rabha: The Renaissance Man of Assam ( Brief Description : Bishnuprasad Rabha (1909-1969) was a multifaceted personality from ...